When a human body starts getting older, the mental age also increases. And with due course of time our pace of work decreases and many a time, we need regular checkups. Machines also work same like a human body. With time, the system of your machine might get slower and may have to face fixations at a routined interval.
Owning Macbook, one of the most sophisticated PCs, is like becoming a dream come true. And though Mac has established itself in the market as amongst the most efficient and trusted operating systems, it may also sometime face serious issues. In this article I will discuss about 4 of the most common Macbook problems and some quick fixes for them.
Issues while starting up your Macbook
If the startup screen of your Macbook has turned into blank or grey screen and you are unable to see the exclusive chosen wallpaper! The most common fixation for this issue is to safe boot your MAC. Here are the steps of how to do it:
- Press and hold down the Shift key after starting up your machine.
- Release the Shift key after the disappearance of Apple logo.
- After a few minutes, the login screen will appear. It takes time as MAC’s operating system does the diagnosis on the hard disk itself.
- If this method has resolved your problem, then simply restart your machine and check whether your MAC is booting up as usual.
NOTE: If this has failed to fix your problem, then make sure to take the hard drive to a doctor.
Also note: Though this is written under complete guidance of a MacBook repairing company from Bangalore, but I still suggest you to visit your nearest Apple service centre.
Issues related to Login Items
In spite of blank or grey screen, your Macbook can also start up with a blue screen. If this is so, it might be an issue related to your preferred startup items. So, here goes the fixation:
- Select Users & Groups under System Preferences.
- Choose your name in the Current User tab on the left.
- Now, you can see Login Items tab on the top right of the window.
- Select the app you want to remove and then click this sign: “-”.
- After its removal you can restart your machine to check if the problem has got its fix.
NOTE: You have to opt for trial and error process if the problem does not go after the first removal and keep on restarting your machine each time.
Issues related to Apps that are not responding
We often face this problem in any of our devices loaded with several apps. For Mac, here is the fixation to it:
- Select Command, Option and Escape all together or click on the Apple icon to the upper-left corner.
- Select the Force Quit menu under the icon.
- Then select the app which has become unresponsive, or multiple apps if needed.
- By hitting Force Quit, you can stop the apps.
Issues related to Spinning Beach Ball
If you are experiencing regular and increasing spinning beach ball coming up on the screen, then you can be assured about the Mac getting slow down. But, no worries! Take a look at the fixation below:
- Check the extent of impact a running app is having on your system by opening the Activity Monitor.
- Then select the app using more than the normal amount of resources from that list.
- You can now see an “X” appeared on the upper-left corner – click this button and then select Quit or Force Quit.
So, I have prepared this article taking 4 of the most common problems that a Mac Book user can face and have also enlisted quick fixations to those. For more, you have to stay tuned to the upcoming ones. Till then I would like to wish you GOOD LUCK with your Macbook!!